Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Blog 2: Fake Cheese

Fake cheese does not compare to its real counterpart. The fake cheese looks more rubbery then real cheese. The taste quality is unmatched. Real cheese has a rich creamy flavor where fake cheese tastes rubbery. It also tastes like something has been left out. This taste difference can be attributed to the ingredients used to make the cheeses.

Fake cheese is comprised of vegetable oil and starch when real cheese is made from milk. This could be the reason fake cheese cannot compare to real cheese. The Prabhupadanuga News has a interesting article about fake cheese showing up in German restaurants, stating that they did a taste test, “Some of them are really disgusting (fake cheese), and you can really tell the difference because it’s transparent or white, it has a different texture.”

The fake cheese may or may not have the same calcium as its real counterpart. Sometimes fake cheese omits the word cheese from its labeling. This makes me question the legitimacy of fake cheese and if it is equivalent to real cheese in terms of nutrients.

I made the switch when I was fourteen I found that real cheese tastes better. It may be more expensive because fake cheese does not have the high cost of milk that real cheese has, but I enjoy real cheese. I rather spend more money on food that is better tasting and better for me.

In the future I believe people will still eat fake cheese. One can save a lot of money by buying fake cheese. Also people may not be informed of the products they are buying. If someone has been eating fake cheese their entire life they may not know that they are eating fake cheese. All in all fake cheese is here to stay but I will avoiding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment